Minnesota StateRidgewater College
Position: MnSCU Academic Supervisor 3
Working Title: Director of Marketing, Recruiting & New Student Experience
Location: The employer will determine the Permanent Work Location as Willmar or Hutchinson in conjunction with the accepted Job Offer
Employment Condition: Full-Time, Unlimited
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F
Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement & Outreach, the Director of Marketing, Recruiting & New Student Experience has the overall responsibility for development, coordination, and implementation of marketing, recruitment and student entry strategies to achieve enrollment goals and to communicate the brand and identity of the College to its various constituencies. The Director shall be responsible for performing the primary functions associated with the following areas: marketing, recruiting, new student orientation, and planning and oversight for the One-Stop Shop/admissions staff. The Director shall also lead the development of first year experience programs and activities for new students to build sense of community and engagement.
To ensure long-term stability and growth, the person in this position will engage faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, and key constituents in the recruitment of new students and in communicating the mission and vision of Ridgewater College to alumni, academic and organizational partners and benefactors. The Director of Marketing, Recruiting & New Student Experience will have a comprehensive understanding of market segments as well as the College's programs and be able to accurately and persuasively represent and market the College and its academic programs to prospective students and others. The Director will be expected to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administrators and students at Ridgewater to achieve the position responsibilities and with external stakeholders to enhance community engagement and relationships. The Director will be responsible for managing the area budgets and for overseeing information technology appropriate to the area activities.
A detailed position description can be obtained from the Human Resource Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent of three (3) years professional work experience in admissions, recruiting, marketing, business or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships
- Dynamic leadership abilities and strong public relations skills.
- Knowledge of strategic enrollment management and planning within higher education.
- Functional knowledge of customer relationships management (CRM) software.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work duties and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with computer spreadsheets, presentation software and project management software sufficient to complete duties and manage department workflow.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including organization, delegation, collaboration and follow through
- Knowledge of development and implementation of a creative marketing campaign
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to prepare reports with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 20% necessary)
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- The applicant (the employee) should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Higher Education or Minnesota State system, preferably at a community or technical college
- Experience with a One Stop service model
- Working knowledge of ISRS, Connect and/or Image Now
- Please apply online at www.ridgewater.edu/jobs
- Click on Academic and Administrator Jobs
- Select vacancy you are applying for (bottom of page)
Applicants must include:
- Online Employment Application
- Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
- Unofficial copy of college transcripts (official copy will be required upon hire)
- A list of three professional references with contact information
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED,
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE MIDNIGHT SUNDAY JULY 21, 2019,
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
NOTICE: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The employee should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium www.uppermidwestherc.org