Find a Business
Part-Time Member Advisor
TITLE: Member Advisor - Branch
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
JOB TYPE: Part-time
DEPARTMENT: Retail Services
Serves as a Member Advisor in the Credit Union branch setting. The primary responsibility is to provide excellent service by demonstrating the principals of SouthPoint Financial Credit Union, and adhering to the vision of “doing the right thing for the right reasons”. This position must also adhere to the core values of SouthPoint through demonstrating:
- Knowledge – Seek to advance and share knowledge
- Relationships – Focus on people first
- Sustainability – Ensure a healthy future for the organization
- Mutual Benefits – Seek solutions that add value to the organization and the members
- Team Driven – Work together for a common goal
- Greeting and welcoming current and non-members into the branch, as well as our drive thru areas.
- Create long lasting relationships through building trust and understanding with our members.
- Strive to improve the member experience through each interaction, to give back to our members and our communities and to help our members and team mates to be successful.
- Adhere to and uphold the Credit Union’s core vision and mission in supporting the organizations efforts in promoting a culture of doing the right things, for the right reasons.
- Review financial data and member credit files and recommend consumer loan and credit solutions that are available to the member.
- Advise on products and services to meet members’ needs that are offered by the Credit Union.
- Open new accounts, perform account inquiries and transactions, and create instant issue debit cards, loan inquiries, online banking, mobile banking and referral opportunities.
- Work with members on budgeting and financial goals to ensure financial success and seek opportunities to better the members experience by showing more efficient and effective ways to complete their banking needs.
- Resolve member issues, questions and complaints. Research, investigate, and document member problems or complaints and/or direct these matters through proper channels to ensure follow-up to achieve member satisfaction.
- Abide by all Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities for this job role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and display a professional image, with a demonstrated ability to build open and honest relationships.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for serving members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-managed, including setting personal goals.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Able to work under pressure, to process multiple tasks concurrently with a high degree of accuracy, and able to interact and maintain a positive attitude under challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit business and enhance member relationships through outbound member contact.
- Act as a team player with maturity, confidentiality and adaptability, including being highly flexible and willing to adapt to changing job requirements/hours.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience, with 1-2 years of lending preferred.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Effective time management and critical thinking skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (able to utilize multiple systems simultaneously).
- Sitting 40-50% and standing 50-60% which is determined on your rotation within the branch
- Working at a computer 98% of the day
- Utilizing the phone 40-60%
- Bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, or crouching when appropriate, on occasion
- Repetitive movements, including but not limited to typing, using a mouse, phones, etc.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to approximately thirty pounds (cash/coin bags, supplies, etc.)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Please apply online at: https://www.southpointfinancial.com/careers-2-2/