Minnesota State Colleges & UniversitiesRIDGEWATER COLLEGE
Faculty Vacancy Notice
Posting Date: December 3, 2018
Position: Welding Instructor
Bargaining Unit: MSCF
Employment Condition: Full-Time Unlimited
Start Date: August 2019
Salary Range: Commensurate upon prior work experience and education level
- Provide classroom and shop instruction in a team environment. Courses taught may include SMAW, GMAW, GTAW welding processes, sheet metal, plate, and pipe layout and fabrication, and related welding/manufacturing foundational courses.
- Prepare and update curriculum, participate in program activities with other manufacturing programs, and work with advisory committee and regional employers.
- Evaluate student learning, advise students, recruit students, and participate in orientation and promotional activities for the program.
- Oversee lab equipment and instructional supplies.
- Participate in professional development including activities related to content knowledge, teaching methods, technical skills, and study appropriate to the higher education environment.
- Participate in activities that provide service to the college and the community including committee assignments, promotion and outreach activities, and other needs within the department.
- Some travel is necessary (approximately 5%)
- The applicant (the employee) should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Diploma in welding.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in welding.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Associates or higher degree
- Related training/teaching experience
- Experience with multiple welding processes and settings
- Experience teaching and/or training
- Appropriate welding certifications
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Please apply online at
- Click on Academic and Administrator Jobs
- Select vacancy you are applying for (bottom of page)
Applicants must include:
- Online Employment Application
- Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
- Copy of College Transcripts (originals required upon hire)
- A list of three professional references with contact information
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLEDReview of applications will begin January 22, 2019
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
NOTICE: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The employee should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium www.uppermidwestherc.org