Find a Business
CNA - Home Health Aide
The Home Health Aide (HHA) works under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse or therapist. Performs services for the client as necessary to maintain the personal comfort of the client. The Home Health Aide reports directly to a Staffing Manager and receives clinical oversight by the Clinical Manager.
Don't have a CNA? We can help!
- Daytime and evening hours available
- Paid travel time
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling and hours
- Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual positions available
- Every 3rd weekend/holiday rotation
- Clients in 30+ mile radius from location
- Hutchinson, MN
- Waconia, MN
- Watertown, MN
- Litchfield, MN
- Glencoe, MN
- Winthrop, MN
Apply online at
or contact us directly via phone call or email.
Adara Home Health makes a difference by providing excellent care and connecting with clients and their family members in a meaningful way, and by bringing a feeling of relief home. It’s not just the care we provide, but it’s the way we do it—with utmost respect and consideration. We work with our employees to mentor, develop, and constantly improve the client and employee experience. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in many different areas and grow professionally with Adara.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES:
- Assists with personal cares such as bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting, routine catheter and colostomy care, ambulation, transfers or positioning.
- Performs simple dressing changes that do not require the skills of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with physician-ordered medications which are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Typically, this involves reminding the client of the specific times to take their medication.
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Home exercise program
- Reports changes in the client's condition and needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including, but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains a safe client environment and identifies and reports of any suspected vulnerable client abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation.
- Maintains client confidentiality; treats clients and families with respect.
- Understands, accepts and responds to the emotional needs of each client.
- Participates in in-service programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Accepts and fulfills assignments and exercises judgement in accepting assignments.
- Understands and follows infection control policies including proper handwashing
- May assist with precepting other HHA’s.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by RN.
EDUCTION OR SKILLS
- Heavy to Very Heavy physical demands. Involves bending, stooping, lifting and stretching. Must be adaptable to a variety of environments and settings in the community. Must be able to drive or use public transportation.
- Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for heavy work.
- Currently or have previously been on the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Registry or successfully completed a formal certification training program and passed a written test and competency evaluation. The certificate must not have been revoked, suspended, without limitations or restrictions.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or if 16-17 years of age, has participated in a related school based job-training program or completed a certified HHA Competency Evaluation.
- Have at least six months experience in a health care facility.
- Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of others who are vulnerable.
- Possess the ability to read, write and carry out directions.
- Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgements.
- Have demonstrated dependability, tact and ability to follow orders.
- Proof of negative mantoux or documentation of negative chest x-ray.
- Access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation in order to travel to multiple company business stops a day.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance when using a personal vehicle for company business.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
- Disclose any conviction and criminal history records pertaining to any crime related to the provision of health services. A candidate who has been convicted of such crimes will be not be hired.
- Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities.